Done blood test for tiredness and frequent bruising. What does my result mean?

I am 24 years old I went to the dr. because I was feeling tired and brusing alot within the past 2 years. got a blood test done by a hemaotogilst and my WBC came back 4.8, RDW 10.7, MPV 7.3 and MONO# 0.2, what does that mean?
Posted Sun, 22 Jul 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 hours later

I could note that none of the above blood test represent the disorders that connect to your symptoms.

Do you mean you are bruising a lot? At this age I would ask for Serum Iron, Hemoglobin, Thyroid function, Vitamin Deficiency, Calcium and Vit D deficiencies.

I think you should not bother about the above tests.

Kindly see the physician who ordered these tests.

Follow-up: Done blood test for tiredness and frequent bruising. What does my result mean? 11 minutes later
My primary doctor did initally a large blood panel when i first went and all came back good, she said it was a basic test then she wanted to do further testing she tested me for Mono lime Ebv, etc. the mono came back positive, and then she did another test because iv been bruising alot and the protein in my blood cameback low she then said she wanted me to see a specialist a hemotoligist, so i went and he did blood work he did a serious of test WBC 4.8, RBC 4.09, Hgb 12.7, HCT 37.2, MCh 31.2, RDW 10.7, Plat 260, Lymph #1.7, MONO# 0.2, Gran # 2.9, Gran% 57.5, Lymph% 36.6, MONO% 5.9, MCV 91, MCHC 34.2, MPV 7.3. I can see the results of my test online everthing came back in black except for WBC 4.8, RDW 10.7, MONO# 0.2 and MPV 7.3. on the graphs they show that they are all low. When I called ask to talk to Doctor they said he would have to call me back in which he did and he said yes there is something wrong but there is to much to talk about over the phone and that he would have to speak to me in person on my next appointment my next appointment is in 3 weeks i cant get an earlier appointment. at this point i am exetermely worried, and would like know what this may be? When I say I am brusing a lot, I mean on my legs my back my arms, even my hands at times, and its not as if I am doing anything extreme for this to be happening at all. What could my tests mean and what is it that could be wrong with me?
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 7 hours later
Since I was not worried about the results displayed I took a curbside consult with a Hematologist colleague of mine if I am missing anything important he was surprised as nothing seems to be grossly abnormal.

However we commonly opined that a medical examination to look for enlarged spleen and liver would make things very clear. Probably this might be the reason why the Hematologist wants to XXXXXXX you.

Bruising can be pin pointed petechiae or spots > 3mm (purpura) both are non serious. These are seen in platelet disorders. Quantitatively the above results do not represent any. Qualitative platelet disorders are seen in families. Do you have easy bruisibility in your family? I hope you are not bleeding through nose, gums and do not notice black stools which represent easy bleeding. Easy bleeding has a different evaluation with Coagulation profile.

One has to check the Vitamin C deficiency. Excessive sensitivity to drugs like NSAIDS, alcohol and antibiotics can cause bruising.

I think there is no reason to worry until your doctor determines a reasonable cause. Do not worry even if a cause is found there is a treatment for everything.

Keep me posted through this link, WWW.WWWW.WW