Done blood test for lipid profile. Can any online doctor help me?

Hi Doc how are you recently I got my routine check up done I had some queries in the report can I ask you online plz suugest
Posted Sun, 27 Oct 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Prasad 25 hours later
Brief Answer:
The values are part of my previous comments...

Detailed Answer:
Greetings XXXXXXX

1. LDL which is a type of lipid (fat) is just marginally raised. This is expected in people who are over weight. Get your weight under control, LDL will also reduce.
Moreover marginally raised LDL doesn't cause significant risks to health. Concentrate on shedding few kilos of weight.

2. Urine specific gravity is a measure of how concentrated urine is. Lack of sufficient fluid or holding urine back for awhile before the test can make urine concentrated; thus increasing specific gravity. It is not relevant when other renal parameter such as creatinine, BUN, uric acid and so on are normal. So do not be concerned with slightly higher specific gravity.
If you check your urine sample tomorrow after drinking plenty of water, it will reveal normal specific gravity!!

3. A high Red blood cell distribution width (RDW) is part of microcytic hypochromic anemia which as I explained earlier could be part of iron deficient state. Iron XXXXXXX diet will improve iron stores which will improve all those parameters (hemoglobin, MCV, MCH, hematocrit as well as RDW).

Hope it is clear to you. Let me know if you need clarifications.