Done blood test. What does it mean and what should I do to normalize things?

I am a 74 years male. My recent tests show the following results:
Total RBC High, RDW-CV High, MPV High, MCV Low, MCH Low, MCHC Low, and ESR quite high as 40, other things are normal. What does all this mean and what should I do to normalize things?
Posted Sat, 8 Sep 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in to Heathcare Magic! Your CBC report is suggestive of Iron deficiency anemia, high ESR can be a plain accompaniment of this anemia.
I wonder if not taking can really help in fatty liver, yes a good control of diabetes helps but...
Anyway if possible please upload the CBC and other reports for a view.
You should get a stool examination and total iron binding capacity test, just to confirm and to know if you are loosing blood in stool.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!