Done blood test. Please explain the results

Cardiologist
Question
I have Leukocytes 3+, WBC 76, RBC 3,Epithelial 4, Bacteria 2+ ??
Posted Sun, 12 Aug 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans

Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 4 hours later
Hi there,
Thanks for writing in.
I am a medical specialist with an additional degree in cardiology. I read your back ground and microscopic examination of report with diligence.
Compared to a normal report you have excess of leucocytes, wbc and rbc (without casts) in urine additionally 2+ bacteria.
WBC's are most often present in the urine due to direct infection/inflammation of the renal system. An infection in the urinary tract or in the kidney itself is usually the most common reason for this inflammation. However, there are also obstructive disorders which can cause WBC's to be in the urine.
Bacteria 1.Five bacteria per hpf represents 100,000 CFU/ml
2.Diagnostic for Urinary Tract Infection (Women) 5 or more bacteria per hpf .

Both these findings with the background of the patient suggest a strong possibility of infection. Urine should be sent for culture ans sensitivity test. If there are systemic signs of infection, blood complete blood count and blood culture nees toting te sent. I will urge you to see your doctor, after examination he may consider starting antibiotic awaiting the culture and sensitivity report. Good Luck.
With Best Wishes

Dr Anil Grover,
Cardiologist
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Done blood test. Please explain the results 18 hours later
Thank you, I was hospitalized in December for 6 days from a Kidney infection. It seems that I am continually getting infections. 3 since then that I have had to take antibiotics. I guess I should see either a Kidney specialist or a Nephorologist!??
I also was just diagnosed with my Carated artery being clogged. They found a lymph noyd there as well!?

Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 3 hours later

The most frequent cause for recurrent infections are 1. Calculus or renal stone(s) 2. Re-flux into ureter causing. obstructive uropathy. Seeing a Nephrologist is a good idea.

What is the degree of carotid artery clogging? Are you getting any symptoms your GP should be able to tell whether any intervention needs to done for clogging. Good Luck.

Dr Anil Grover,
Cardiologist
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Done blood test. Please explain the results 47 hours later
There is over 50% clogged in the left side of the carotid artery, with a lymph noiyd, I am waiting on the results of my blood work, I will let you know.

Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 8 minutes later

Well you need some work about the Lymph node, which has now cropped up.
Yes, Please let me know what is the final diagnosis. Good Luck.

Dr Anil Grover,
Cardiologist
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW