Done blood test. Have general weakness, fatigue, cold and cough, headache, burning sole, digestive problems

kindly go through my blood report and advise.
Haemoglobin 12.9 g/dl
RBC count 4.18 mill.cmm
TLC 6200/cmm
Polymorph 72%
Lymphocyte 28%
Eosinophil 00%, Monocyte 00%, Basophil 00%, Normoblast 00% Abnormal 00%
ESR 04 mm Ist Hr.
PCV 38.3%
MCV 91.4 fl
MCH 30.9 pg, MCHC 33.7 g/dl
Platelet count 1.26 Lacs/cmm
Plasma glucose Random 134.2 mg/dl
I am suffering from general weakness, feeling tired always having general cold and cough for the last 3 weeks, headache and heaviness of head, burning sensation in the sole of foot & feeling heaviness in the legs. I have also digestive problem after taking evening meal and mouth used to got dry after evening meal in night hours.
I shall be thankful to sir,
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 43 minutes later
I have seen the investigation reports. All the results are within normal limits.
Your smptoms are likely to be related to the infection you are having in your pharynx and nasal sinuses. It can be allergic, viral or bacterial infection. Most commonly it is a viral inefction but a throat swab culture will be helpful in identifying the exact organism. Systemic antibiotics and steroid inhalers are commonly needed to control the symptoms.
1) For pain relief, anti-inflammatory, fever reducing medications (acetaminophen, ibuprofen) will help you.
2) Do steam inhalation at least twice daily- Take hot water in a vessel, put eucalyptus oil in it. Inhale it by covering yourself with a blanket. See to it that fans/AC are not on during this and after some time also i.e. around 10-15 minutes.
3.Take OTC available anti allergic agents like cetrizine or fexofenadine to rule out allergic cause.
4. Avoid all irritants.
5.Application of warm cloth, hot water bottle or gel pack to face for 5-10 minutes relieves pain and inflammation to some extent.
6.Use nasal decongestant or steroid drops or sprays for decongestion which encourages drainage.
7.Use a humidifier in your room.
8. Avoid Acidic Drinks, Spicy Food and Sour Substances.
I encourage you to consult your physician for throat swab culture and prescription of appropriate antibiotics.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Done blood test. Have general weakness, fatigue, cold and cough, headache, burning sole, digestive problems 10 minutes later
Dear Madam,
Thanks for your kind advise. What is the reason for burning sensation in the sole of my foot, it is there for the last 6 months, now a days giving severe burning sensation. Is Any further test required to diagnose the cause of this burning sensation ? Please answer ? With regards,
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 38 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
The burning sensation in the feet can be due to a pinched nerve or vitamin B complex deficiency. Getting a nerve conduction velocity test and serum B 12 levels will help in detecting the abnormality.
Meanwhile you can start taking Vitamin B complex supplements like Cap. Becosule and Methylcobalamin supplements like Tab. Nurokind G for symptomatic relief.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Follow-up: Done blood test. Have general weakness, fatigue, cold and cough, headache, burning sole, digestive problems 3 hours later

Thanks Madam,
Hope my burning sensation in the sole of feet will cure after taking B complex vitamins. Advise if any neurological consultation is required.
With regards,
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
In case the symptoms are persistent after taking vitamin B complex supplements for 2 weeks then consulting a neurologist to rule out any organic cause will be helpful.