Done blood test. Family history of diabetes. Want to know if I am diabetic

Jan 2013

I am 62yrs old female. (90kgs but active ; fond of exercise)

I underwent some tests (took on 8th Aug '12) and would like to share the results with you.
1) I would like to know if I am diabetic or not as I have a family history of diabetes.
Fasting Sugar - 135
PP - 235
Glyco HB - 7%

2)Since triglycerides were normal ; medication discontinued. Rozucor F S once daily discontinued. Pls advise if I should continue. In test triglycerides were 147. Test taken on 31st July '12

3) Allergy test : IgE - 78.80 KIU/L ; Should I continue Telekast 10mg once daily at night or during the day

4)Chest Xray is normal
5)ECG normal done in XXXXXXX '12

I am also on some other medication Neauralgia, ShellCall, Telekast, Cartigen twice a day, Salmeterol Fluticasone Propionate Accuhalor Morn & Evening 1 puff each, Flomist 1 sniff at night, Dompan had twice daily for 2 months, now just once daily
Posted Thu, 13 Sep 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 13 minutes later
Hi AAAAA ji,

1) Diabetes: Your blood sugar (both fasting and PP) & glycated hemoglobin are high. You have not mentioned the dose of diabetic medication.
You should consult with physician and go for higher dosage and better treatment of diabetes so that your sugar remains in normal level.

2) Triglycerides: Now TG is normal but treattment forlipid disorders are decided by LDL level also. Kindly mention the level of LDL.
Considering your TG level, as such there is no need of taking Rozucor F.

3) IgE is normal but consider it normal, all because of medicines. So you have to continue Telekast once in a day.

4) You should also go for renal function test.

Put your query if you have.

Best regards,

Dr.Mayank Bhargava
Follow-up: Done blood test. Family history of diabetes. Want to know if I am diabetic 30 minutes later
Thanks for ur prompt repy

First of all I would like to know if Im a confirmed diabetic coz no one has said that to me before. I chk my blood sugar every 6 months and it has never been so high. Im on no medication for diabetes

2) Telekast to be taken in the day or night

3 LDL - 83
LDL/HDL ratio - 2.0

4) Also pls elaborate on why I need to take the renal test coz I have never taken it
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 3 hours later
Namaste XXXXXXX ji,
1) are suffering from diabetes. Fasting blood sugar >126 mg% and Postprandial > 200 mg% is a diagnostic for diabetes. So there is no doubt regarding your diabetes. You must take medicines for diabetes.
2) Bronchoconstriction for which telekast type of medicine are taken, are more during night so for maximum effect it should be taken at night.
3) Your LDL is normal but for diabetic patients its better to keep LDL <70 so you should continue Rozucor 10 mg till LDL< 70.
4) Diabetes and Raised blood pressure are the 2 most common worldwide reason for kidney failure. So for better living, you should aware of your kidney status. At times deranged kidney function may cause bronchoconstriction and difficulty in respiration. You are also taking telekast so there may be chances of deranged renal function test in your case, so you should go for it.
Dr. Mayank Bhargava