Done blood sugar test. Diagnosed as borderline diabetic. Should I be worried?

blood sugar is at 142 i just had whole wheat crackers w creamy peanut butter and ACTIVA yogurt should i be worry my dr said i was borderline diabetic
Posted Fri, 12 Apr 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 26 minutes later

I presume your blood sugar level is Random blood sugar level, which is normal.

We need to recheck with Fasting blood sugar level and Post prandial blood sugar level to decide about diabetic status.

Do you have any family history of diabetes?
I would also like to know your height and weight.
Please take care of your diet, regular exercise and periodic medical checkup and you need not to worry about diabetes at present.

Please recheck your blood sugar and let me know the result of tests to guide you further.

Hope this helps and if you have any query please feel free to revert to me, I will be happy to help you.

Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D          
Follow-up: Done blood sugar test. Diagnosed as borderline diabetic. Should I be worried? 48 minutes later
I tk half hour later ut drop to 101
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 8 hours later
Thanks for your follow up.

It is normal to have dropped blood sugar level after 1 hour as in response to meal our body secrets insulin, which keeps blood sugar level to normal range.
You should not worry; these blood sugar levels are fine.
Please let me know result of FBS and PPBS, and keep me informed about progress.
Hope I have answered your query, if there is any doubts please revert to me.
Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M. D.