Done angioplasty with stenting. Have to take Nervup OD or Mira Qule. Which is better medication?

Question
MY FATHER IS 52 YRS OLD. HE UNDERGONE ANGIOPLASTY PTCA WITH ONE STENTING IN OCTOBER THIS YEAR. ONE OF THE Drs RCOMMENDED HIM TO TAKE "NERVEUP OD" WHILE ANOTHER "Mira Qule 100". WHICH ONE IS BETTER NOW ? HOW LONG SHOULD HE TAKE THE Capsule AND WHICH ONE?
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 2 hours later

Nerveup OD contains mecobalamin, alpha lipoic acid 100 mg, folic acid 1.5 mg and pyridoxine 3 mg. These are vitamins of the B complex group.

Miraqule 100 contains Ubidecarenone (also known as ubiquinone or coenzyme Q10) which is a naturally occurring coenzyme structurally similar to vitamin K. It is used as an adjunct in heart conditions and should be taken after food. The importance of CoQ 10 has raised and frequently prescribed by Cardiologists. It makes sense to use this.

Though the role of these 2 medications is different and I would not prefer Tab NERVE UP if your father has a healthy heart diet as suggested by the dietitian.

Since there are no significant adverse events associated with these drugs, the treatment needs to be continued lifelong. It is important that the other drugs be continued and he get regular follow up checks as well and timely revision of medications.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further follow up queries.

Thanks.

Follow-up: Done angioplasty with stenting. Have to take Nervup OD or Mira Qule. Which is better medication? 2 days later
Thanks a-lot for the reply. Honestly speaking, it's I, not my father. I feel sensation in chest during passing stool or during any physical work. I feel breathing out even during walking, and very much at the time of sex, though it had passed a long period of two and a half months. What to do now ? Pl suggest, is it natural in such type of diseases ? Also, pl give guidance for me for day-to-day work, presently, I am working as Assistant Engineer (Civil).

Thanking you.

Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 15 hours later

Thanks for reverting.

Your symptoms in the current clinical context are suggestive of heart disease. Since you have already undergone stenting, I would suggest the following:

a. Avoid overexerting and do not undertake any unusual physical activity.
b. Do not take any heavy meals. Instead take small frequent meals.
c. Consult your cardiologist who can examine you, perform an electrocardiogram (ECG) and probably prescribe a drug called sublingual Nitroglycerine.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.

Wish you good health.

Regards.