Done VITAMIN B-12 test and values show 376 pg/ml. Suggest tablets and injections that work?

Hello Doctor,

My colleague has done VITAMIN B-12 test and the value is 376 pg/ml. Please suggest if tablets or injection can work. Also I have done 25-OH VITAMIN D (TOTAL) and the value is 14.02 ng/ml.Please suggest
Posted Sat, 16 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Reference limits please...

Detailed Answer:

Since the standard units of measurement of various laboratories are different, it would have been useful if you had specified the reference limits of both the test. As per my knowledge, your vitamin B12 is in normal limit and total Vitamin D is below the limits.

It is also important to know why you were offered these tests; please specify the reasons for performing the test.

If you are absolutely asymptomatic, it would be better to repeat vitamin D test after 3-4 weeks. However some doctors might start vitamin D supplement such as D rise granules or supplement weekly once for 3 - 6 weeks.

Awaiting your response...