Done Montoux test. Suggest treatment or medication

Pediatrician
Question
DR MY SON IS 9 YEARS 2 MONTHS OLD.AS PER THE DIAGNOSE OF MONTOUX TEST RESULT AS:
MANTOUX TEST:- 15X12 MM OF INDURATIN
NO INDURATION,ERYTHEMA ALONE: NEGATIVE
0-5 MM INDURATION : NEGATIVE
5-9 MM INDURATION : BORDERLINE
10 MM OR MORE INDICATION : POSITIVE

PLEASE SUGGEST ME THE TREATMENT OR THE MEDICINE TO BE TAKEN
Posted Wed, 12 Sep 2012 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 51 minutes later
TH"i roywwt
Its important for us to undertstand the need for asking such test. Also it will be important to know the symptom severity and examination findimgs.
Treatment is decided by the symtom severity and not only by reports.
Considering child being very healthy and no symptoms or contact of tb patient… this child needs to be observed and treatment may not be started if tb is very common in your country of residence.
If the child is very sick and has poor weight… some treatment is needed. Often treatment is for six months or more with three or more medicines.
I hope this answers your query.
Feel free. To ask further.

Follow-up: Done Montoux test. Suggest treatment or medication 34 minutes later
THANKS FOR THE REPLY.
SIR FROM LAST TWO MONTHS HE WAS SUFFERING FROM CHEST CONGESTION. SEVERAL MEDICINE AND TESTS HAS BEEN DONE .NOTHING COULD SAY THE SYMPTOMS OF TB. COZ THE FEVER DOSE COMES AT NIGHT OR SOME TIMES IN THE DAY TIME ALSO.DOCTORS SUGGESTED TO GO FOR A MONTOUX TEST AND SO I DID AND THE REPORT SAYS :

MANTOUX TEST:- 15X12 MM OF INDURATION
NO INDURATION,ERYTHEMA ALONE: NEGATIVE
0-5 MM INDURATION : NEGATIVE
5-9 MM INDURATION : BORDERLINE
10 MM OR MORE INDICATION : POSITIVE

Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 6 hours later
Thanks for clarification. Frequent chest congestion can also be a feature of asthma or bronchtis.
I will not start antituberculosis medicines unless patient has any further issue.