Done Mantoux test for child. No weal appeared. How do I know it was administered correctly?

Question
How do I know if a Mantoux test was administered correctly? I took my five year old for testing today but I never saw the wheal appear. How soon will the wheal/blister usually disappear. If the test was done incorrectly, can I re do it, and how soon?
Posted Sun, 23 Sep 2012 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 30 minutes later
Hello
After a mantoux test, a person who has been exposed to the bacteria is expected to mount an immune response in the skin containing the bacterial proteins.
The reaction is read by measuring the diameter of induration  across the forearm  in millimeters. If there is no induration, the result should be recorded as "0 mm". Erythema (redness) should not be measured.
 In your child case the test is negative as there is no induration on the injection site.
There is no chance of getting the test incorrectly done because injection has been given.
However you may repeat the test again after a gap of three weeks for your satisfaction.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks