Done HIV test(Combo) 18 weeks after hand to gentile contact which came negative. Can this be treated as conclusive?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
1) I have done HIV test( Combo) 18 weeks after hand to genitle contact( female masturbated my penis) which came negative.Can this be treated as conclusive?
2) VDRL test was also carried out which came non-reactive.Does this mean I have no possibility of Syphillis?
3) Are any other STD tests are required in view of above mentioned incident? Are STD virus fragile?
Posted Thu, 26 Sep 2013 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
HIV,Syphilis free conclusive.STD organism fragile

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Welcome to XXXXXXX

1.HIV Combo test done after 4 weeks itself is conclusive. HIV test negative after 18 weeks is definite that you are free from HIV.
2. VDRL after 4-6 weeks is sensitive and by negative VDRL test you are absolutely safe from Syphilis also.
3.If you don't have any other symptoms test for Herpes and Gonorrhea are not necessary. But it is better to have a urine examination for the presence of pus cells, HBV and HCV and rule out Chlamydia, HBV, HCV.
Almost all STD organisms are highly fragile.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Done HIV test(Combo) 18 weeks after hand to gentile contact which came negative. Can this be treated as conclusive? 11 hours later
What kind of symptoms do I look for other STD's like Herpes or Gohorrhea? I do not have any burning or irritation during urination or any rash etc. on genitle area.Can you be more specific on symptoms please?

I had done HbsAg and HCV-Ab tests( serum by CMIA) after 11 weeks which were negative. Also did urine test where no puss cells were present.

Can I conclude that I am free from all STD's as well and have unprotected sex with my wife?

Awaiting reply

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Unprotected sex with wife after 6 months.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome back.

I am very happy to know that you are free of HBV and HCV infection also and your urine is free from pus cells. This also rules out the possibility of Chlamydia and Gonorrhea.

Herpes will have symptoms of vesicles and subsequent tiny grouped ulcers over the genital area. Gonorrhea manifests with burning sensation during urination and urethral discharge of pus. As your urine is not containing any pus cells there is no possibility of Gonorrhea.

Another STD is genital wart due to HPV may manifest as small tissue growth. It has a fairly long incubation period around 2-6 months. So it is still better to have a protected exposure. If you don't have any symptom after 6 months then you can have an unprotected sex with your wife.
Good luck to you.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Done HIV test(Combo) 18 weeks after hand to gentile contact which came negative. Can this be treated as conclusive? 2 hours later
1) The Urine test was done 11 weeks after the incident and no puss cells were found.Is this conclusive for ruling out Chlamydia and Gonnorhea?
2) I understand that as STD bacteria/virus are very fragile and do not live exposed to air,the chances are very very less Am I correct?
3) It is now almost 20 weeks after the incident, can I now assume that chances of any STD in view of such a low risk exposure are almost non-existant.
4) I will practice sex using condom, however the chances of any transmission can be ruled out after this period?

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Chlamydia ruled out,organism fragile,safein condom

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
1. Absence of pus cells in urine even after 3 weeks itself, ruled out the possibility of both Chlamydia and Gonorrhea.
2. Yes, You are absolutely correct in your knowledge about the STD organisms. They cannot live outside atmosphere and temperature.
3. STDs cannot manifest after 20 weeks except a very rare possibility of HPV manifestation.
4.condom offers a very high degree of protection against STD/HIV. A rare possibility of STD transmission can occur around genital parts that had been covered by condom like scrotum. root of penis, pubic area etc.
DR S.Murugan

Follow-up: Done HIV test(Combo) 18 weeks after hand to gentile contact which came negative. Can this be treated as conclusive? 47 minutes later
My Urine test report done on 15th July is attached.In fact the Pus cell shown are 4-6/hpf.I understand it is normal.I do not have any symptoms of Gonnorhea or Chalymidia.

Could you please once again comment on this part?

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Presence of 5-6 pus cells can be ignored.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.

In Gonorrhea the pus cells would be plenty. So there is no possibility of Gonorrhea. Up to 5 pus cells are taken as clinically insignificant. If it is more than 5, there is a possibility of some STD.
Sometimes with consummation of adequate liquids the urine will become within normal limits. There is not much difference between 5 or 6. So this presence of pus cells can be ignored as there is no symptoms pertained to any urinary infection or STD and take water around 2-3 liters per day.
Nothing to worry.
Dr S.Murugan