Done HIV test after a year after risky exposure, negative result. How can I enjoy life without danger of HIV?

Sexologist
Question
i am married. i have done hiv test after one year from my frist exposure to other partener. the test will be conducted in patholab.
the test showing hiv nagetive. can you suggest me that i enojoyed life without any danger of hiv
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 16 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX

From you query I could understand that

1. You had an risky exposure one year back and

2. You tested for HIV now and found to be negative.

Since the window period of HIV infection is 3 months, there is no HIV infection due to the exposure a year back, if you did not have any risky exposure within 3 months before doing HIV test.

Hope I cleared your doubt. Still I am available for follow up

regards

Follow-up: Done HIV test after a year after risky exposure, negative result. How can I enjoy life without danger of HIV? 31 hours later
i need more clearification about your answer if you did not have any risky exposure within 3 months before doing hiv test ( its include my married partner or not). I have done hiv test through hiv kit . it is relible or not.

Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 4 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX

The risky exposure I meant was intercourse with a suspected HIV positive person.

Usually in ICTC (integrated Counseling and Testing Centres) under National Aids Control Society, two different tests are performed and if both the tests are negative, then only they give result as HIV negative.

The test is done free of cost and the confidentiality is maintained too.

If you have more queries you are free to contact me.

Wish you good health.

Regards.

Follow-up: Done HIV test after a year after risky exposure, negative result. How can I enjoy life without danger of HIV? 18 hours later
plz tell me about the tests which you are maintioned in your answer. Name of tests and how it will conducted and where to

Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 10 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX

The test I mentioned was ELISA test only. It is done in various ICTC (integrated Counseling and Testing Centres)s in your state under Jharkhand State AIDS Control Society.

The locations of ICTCs in your state are mentioned in the link below

WWW.WWWW.WW in/ictc.aspx

Hope I cleared all your queries.

Wish you a happy & healthy sexual life.

Dr A CHAKRAVARTHY

Follow-up: Done HIV test after a year after risky exposure, negative result. How can I enjoy life without danger of HIV? 30 days later
According to your opinion i have tested hiv through elisa method and its find nagetive . The value showing is 0.03 in report. i have uploded the report for u plz find it .Now i am intrested to know that i am infected with hiv or not. and i want to know that the nagetive condition can convert in positive or not.

Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 42 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX

Thanks for providing the report.

I have gone through your results and found that it is NEGATIVE for HIV.

If you did NOT have any risky exposure in the past three months, you can be considered negative for HIV infection.

Hope that all your doubts are cleared. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wish you a healthy life.

Regards.

Dr A CHAKRAVARTHY

Follow-up: Done HIV test after a year after risky exposure, negative result. How can I enjoy life without danger of HIV? 16 hours later
i want to know that the hiv nagetive condition can convert in positive or not.

Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 5 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX

Thanks again,

Considering there was no risky exposure (intercourse with HIV positive partner) in the last three months, there is no chance of seroconversion. The chance of you becoming to HIV positive is negligible if there was no high risk exposure.

You need not worry if you are having intercourse with your wife who is negative for HIV.

Hope I have cleared all your doubts. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wish you Good Health.

Dr A CHAKRAVARTHY