Done DNS operation, crooked septum of nose, breathing difficulty. May I get septo rhinoplasty done?

DNS operation already done to my nose for synus infection 4 years back. but my nose septrum not strait. even one way of nose is slightly tough to take breath. But improved breathing than bfore operation. Now may i go to take septo rino plasty for better breathing. is it any future problems accuring by this surgery. my age/sex ; 32 Male
Posted Tue, 11 Sep 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 37 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.
DNS operation though corrects septal deviation, chances are there that septum may grow again and cause nasal blockage.
Same thing has happened to you as evident by your history.

If you have considerable breathing difficulty then you can opt for septorrhinoplasty.
This procedure corrects septum cosmetically as well as symptoms will relieve.
Probable complications are -
Nasal obstruction due to failure to straighten the septum or later re-deviation of the septum, collapse of the nasal cartilage, or the re-growth or swelling of the turbinates can occur.
Not every individual will get regrowth of septum but still this is to inform you that chances are there.
Rarely septal perforation / bleeding can occur. Sinusitis can persist or headache may occur due to sinusitis.

These are the main problems associated with septorrhinoplasty but chances are minimal. You can consult ENT specialist for clinical examination. Decision will be based on amount of breathing difficulty you are facing and amount of deviation of septum.

I hope I have answered your query. In case of any doubt, feel free to revert back.
Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.