Done CBC test, blisters in hands, legs, and chest. Normal PCT level?

in my cbc the pct level is shown as 0.26%. is it normal??? i have 3-4 blisters in my hands , legs and chest.. please advise.
Posted Mon, 1 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 42 minutes later
Please elaborate your problem in a follow up query because you have given very scarce data to come to a judgement.
CBC is to be seen in entirety, you should load the CBC Report and a photograph of the lesions in attachment option in the follow up query.
I hope you would get benefited from the consultation when we come to a diagnosis.
Wish you a good health.
Follow-up: Done CBC test, blisters in hands, legs, and chest. Normal PCT level? 28 minutes later
the other cbc levels are within range...
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 45 minutes later
Welcome back to HCM!
First about your first question, the PCT stands for plateletcrit just like Hematocrit for RBCs. It is the percent volume of the blood occupied by platelets. It reflects the number and size of the platelets.
Your platelets are okay and not the cause for your skin problem.
Your skin lesions are blisters and mostly they occur with bacterial infection with staphylococcus sp.
You should be treated with tab Linezolid 600mg twice a day for five days and
Cream Fucidin to be applied topically for the same duration twice a day in supervision of your clinician.
I hope the advise will be helpful for you.