Done C-section. Will taking care of kid affect stitches or internal organs?

hi ,
i had my c section in January .i took rest for 2 i have to take care of my first kid and get him ready to go to school i use to sit down and get more often. will this effect my stitches or any XXXXXXX part ,and after 3 months i played shuttle for 4 days,now after 15 days i am feeling slight pain from the center of the stitches part to navel,and slight pain on the skin where there are stretch marks .
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 4 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
It is good to know that you have started your normal life activities. The sooner you return to your routine after a surgery, the better it is for you.
There is no harm in carrying out your routine household work now. It is generally advised that one should not lift heavy weight ( >5 Kg) during the first 6 months & avoid strenuous exercise.
Ordinary activities, light sports, sitting down & getting up is not likely to harm you now.
Actually when healing occurs & a scar forms, it is not as elastic & stretchable as normal preoperative healthy tissues. So, whenever it is stretched it feels uncomfortable & abnormal. This feeling will decrease with time & you also will get used to it.
Sometimes, after surgery, mild adhesions form in between different organs in abdomen. These may also cause stretching pains related to different movements.
If the pain increases in severity & is associated with any other symptoms like nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, urinary symptoms, vaginal discharge or any other symptom, you must visit your doctor for full evaluation & to rule out other causes of pain.
I hope I have addressed your concerns. I will be available for follow ups.