Dome shaped thing in stool, red mucus like secretion on squeezing. What can be this?

Dome shaped item in stool, XXXXXXX on bottom, when squeezed red mucus type secretion comes out
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Radhika 1 hour later

From what I understand you have dome shape in your stool and XXXXXXX colored structure in your anal region - squeezing it you find red mucous secretion. Let me know if I am wrong.

Shape and content of the stool entirely depends on the food consumed or intestinal pathology. If you do not have any difficulty while passing stool or find blood while passing stool, this seems a harmless condition.

The XXXXXXX shaped structure might be Haemorrhoids or a cyst (pilonidal cyst). A direct examination with per rectal digital examination will help in confirming the diagnosis. In the mean time, XXXXXXX warm sitz bath for 20 mins will help you.

I will be able to comment more if you could share more details of your symptom and upload the reports / image of the affected area. You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better. You can send picture of the stool if possible.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I have missed out on any of your concern.