Doing work out to gain weight. Suggest?

I am doing heavy workout. I need to put around 8 kg. I am following the below diet from around 6 months but gained only 3 kg.I would like to go for some protein supplement/mas gainer. is it safe or if you can suggest something on this??

Morning->1 XXXXXXX 4 chapatis,1 bowl dal,1 bowl curd,3 egg whites
AfterNoon-->2 chapatis,1 bowl dal, 1 plate curry (potato and green veg mix)
Evening--> Fruit Mix Bowl, 2 brown bread and butter
Night --> 6 chapatis, 2 bowl dal, 1 bowl curd, 2 cucumbers
Posted Sat, 20 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 3 hours later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
Your idea of exercise and improving fitness is great, I hope you will get the targeted built soon.
I see that you are taking the heaviest diet at evening.
Ideally evening meal should be lighter in volume, although it can have good amount of nutrition, especially the protein. You should improve the energy and protein content of break fast and the lunch.
Eggs and soya provide the best quality of proteins in veg diet, if acceptable to you then you should take fish, chicken and mutton also.
You can take the protein supplement commercial formula like proteinex or whey protein but they are not cost effective.
I think rescheduling the heavier exercises and meals towards mornings and increasing intake of eggs to 5/day adding soyabean and groundnuts would be a much cheaper and equally effective solution to your target.
I hope the advise will be helpful for you.
Follow-up: Doing work out to gain weight. Suggest? 6 minutes later
Thanks Sir!!

I would definitely look and implement towards the modification in diet suggested by you.

I was thinking of going for whey protien,but since I am prone to acidity wouldn't the intake of it cause bloating etc. Is it safe to take keratin based mass gainer instead of whey protein.Is there any side of these extra protein supplement intake?
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 34 hours later
Welcome back.
The commercial supplements whether whey protein or keratin based formula all contain high amount of additive chemicals to protect it from putrifying.
These chemicals may causes allergic reaction in some and harm the current health in other due to toxic effects.
If you can take and find the taste of advised protein source acceptable then that will be the best for you.
I hope the advise would be helpful.
Follow-up: Doing work out to gain weight. Suggest? 7 hours later
Hi Sir,

Thanks for your concern.

Ok, how good is soya milk ?? And can i take soy protein powder??

I have heard that the soya/soy can cause immediate acidity. You can suggest if I can start off with some amount or being acidic I should avoid.

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 7 hours later
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic.
Why do you want to go for soymilk or soy powder when you can have the soya itself, straight from the fields and pure.
Get it rosted or you can mix its flour or you can get premixed atta the like Aashirvad polygrain.
You can have this to replace the simple flour for making chapatis.
It is well tolerated, if you still have the acidity issue then should try to adjust with some medicines.