Doing work out consistently. Having lower back, heel hurts and having less energy. Having asthma and prescribed testim cream. Worried?

Hi and good day! I am a 54 year old man. I workout very hard and consistently, both lifting weights and doing cardio. I am 5 ft 11 and 1/2 inches tall and weigh 193. However, lately I am beginning to experience more things that seem to do with getting old. My lower back causes me problems, my muscles are not as big as they used to be, my left heel hurts, I have less energy than I used to, I take frequent naps, and my asthma seems to be getting worse. As a result, I went to see my urologist to get my testosterone checked. He said it was low in that my total was 269, and my free test level was also low. He is more than willing to prescribe the testosterone cream Testim. However, I am a bit "chicken" to take this. My asthma symptoms mostly take place at night, and I am afraid Testim will exacerbate this. I am also afraid of Cancer and losing my hair. I am greatly tempted, mainly because I want to look like i used to (buffer). However, I was told that once you start this stuff, you can't stop because your testicles will stop producing testosterone on their own. Please give me your honest opinion about whether or not you feel this is risky. I don't have ED, because I got a penile implant 1 year ago.
Posted Sat, 14 Sep 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. David Okia 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
We need to manage you for both asthma and prostate

Detailed Answer:
Good evening
As you grow old your physical abilities also reduce because of continuous wear and tear in body and development of various conditions like hypertension, prostate problems etc,
For your condition its not risky.
Administration of testosterone has many advantages for example people with normal testosterone have lower risk of development of hypertension, heart attack and better control of diabetes.
For asthma you need to know triggers(allergens) for attack in environment and you need to have salbutamol inhaler. Testosterone will have no effect on your asthma. Hope I answered your question.
Follow-up: Doing work out consistently. Having lower back, heel hurts and having less energy. Having asthma and prescribed testim cream. Worried? 1 hour later
Really helpful answer. Thx so much!
Answered by Dr. David Okia 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome.

Detailed Answer:
If you have any more questions I am happy to help you. If you are happy with the answer, please close rate and provide a review.

Thanks and Regards