Doing regular aerobic. Taking vegetarian diet, no alcohol. Why I am having high triglyceride level?

I am 40 yr male ,I have triglyceride level of 205.3, LDL 98.14 HDL 42.8. I do aerobic exercise six times a week,vegetarian and don't consume alcohol at all also the fat consumption I have drastically reduced for last one year. Why I am having high triglyceride? Also blood sugar is normal and kidney and liver function test have values within normal range.Please help.
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 24 minutes later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Only a value 500 or above is considered very high.
150 or less is perfectly normal.
Till 200 it is borderline / then high
Your value is not of any concern.

It is determined by heredity and influenced by food.
A low carbohydrate diet and weight reduction helps.
Full 14-hour fasting is a must for proper interpretation...

Nothing to do, except to repeat after 2 months...

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Follow-up: Doing regular aerobic. Taking vegetarian diet, no alcohol. Why I am having high triglyceride level? 41 minutes later
My father had bypass surgery at the age of 76. I am 170 cms and 72 kg . As my father had surgery;taking a lesson I have reduced the oil consumption drastically;consequently I have lost 5 kg of weight and reduced the LDL by almost 20 points in 6 months. I am intrigued to see that my triglycerides have increased which earlier were in normal range. I wanted to know the cause for that; despite having the healthiest possible life style which is quite painful at times why am I having such report? Am I suffering from some other condition?
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 6 hours later
Your BMI is 24.2 (less than 25 - till 18.5 is normal range)

The basic and most important determinant is heredity (inheritance).
Diet has a modifying role. It has limits - beyond a point, whatever you do, it can not be changed further. Reducing the weight further (BMI can be down to 18.5 and still normal), reducing the carbohydrates/calories further, addition of Omega-3 fatty acids may help. Drugs will be the next step.

It is made in liver and the process can be further modified only by drugs.
If you are very particular you can go for Lipo-protein electrophoresis for you and your first degree relatives / you may get clues..