Doing nightshift is good or bad on our health?

doing nightshift is good or bad on our health
Posted Wed, 9 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

In my view, doing night shift is bad because our body system is not set like that.

There is something called as circardian clock or biological clock. This regulates the time we are awake, eat, play, drink, and rest. This clock is normally set for day time to work and night time to sleep and rest.

However, we can change it according to our needs. You can do a night shift if you are comfortable and used to it.

The idea is, in every 24 hours - one should rest 6 hours, work 8 hours, leisure activities for 2 to 3 hours, and other tasks accordingly.

If you rest for 6 hours every 24 hours, doing either a day shift or night shift should not bother you.

This is my view point. Let me know if you have other queries.