Doing masturbation. Feel penis is weak. Caused due to having frequent sex?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2013
Feb 2013

Pediatrician
Question
Hi, I have doubt to ask you! I am doing Masturbation from last 6 to 7 years. Always my penis get strong. But from last 1 years it's not getting strong that much as previous. From last 6 month I had sex with my girl friend. We usually XXXXXXX only in weekends. So, we do lot of sex, nearly 7 to 8 times every weekend. From last 3 to 4 weekends my penis not getting strong but I am getting lot of sexual feelings, but my penis not getting strong. Still I am not able to stop Masturbation. Is it cause of doing sex without gap from many years or penis tired or any other problems. I am sorry, if I didn't use proper words, looking for reply.

Thank you very much.
Posted Sun, 7 Jul 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 1 hour later
Hi XXXXX,

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

It seems you are not able to get your penis strong while doing sex from the last 3 to 4 weekends, though you had no difficulty in erection in the past.

This type of problem is called secondary erectile dysfunction.

Many factors will play role in maintaining the erection of penis like emotions, consciousness, environment, physical and psychological health, nervous system, and local problems.

There will be no tiredness for penis if you do sex or masturbation for many years.

As you are able to do masturbation at present also, it means you don't have any underlying physical problem in erection.

So the problem in maintaining erection is mostly due to secondary erection dysfunction.

The most common causes of secondary erectile dysfunction are psychological.

They are anxiety, stress, guilt or shame because of social, cultural, family, and religious issues and values.

Some times apprehension about relation, pregnancy, sex without marriage will also lead to secondary erectile dysfunction.

Physical causes like alcohol and smoking also leads to erectile dysfunction.

So I advise you to check for any of these factors which are responsible the problem and try to overcome these.

Engaging in a safe and healthy sexual life style as per the social norms will give satisfaction to both partners.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.

Regards.

Follow-up: Doing masturbation. Feel penis is weak. Caused due to having frequent sex? 4 hours later
I don't drink alcohol or I don't have any other this type of habits.

I am loving my lover and I am not shame to do sex with her, we are going to marry after some time.

But last 9 weekends I am traveling lot and I lost my job just 15 day's back and I my girlfriend left India so, I am sad. I remember, After loosing my job only I got this problem. Even some times middle of sex I am loosing erection.

U think may cause this above problems? Do I need to XXXXXXX a doctor for treatment? of can you tell me how can I solve this problem?

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 9 hours later
Hi XXXXX,

Thank you for getting back.

I appreciate you for not having any bad habits like smoking and alcoholism.

Commitment, confidence, communication, and healthy relationship between two partners is important in maintaining a good sexual life.

So with your description, these important things are present among you.

Yes, stress and tension due to lot of traveling and loss of the job will effect the erectile function.

Stress and job tension will effect the cognitive function of humans which in return causes erectile dysfunction.

I think this may be a major factor causing the problem of erection.

Yoga and meditation will relieve the stress and tension.

If possible, avoid excessive traveling.

Eat a balanced diet along with a good sleep during nights.

Be positive, confident, and communicate the things with your partner.

Do regular daily exercises for at least 45 minutes to keep your body fit and fine.

In spite of all these measures, If you feel still there is problem consult the doctor for examination and evaluation.

Regards.

Follow-up: Doing masturbation. Feel penis is weak. Caused due to having frequent sex? 1 hour later
Sure I will follow your guidance, thank you very much.

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 3 minutes later
Hi XXXXX,

Thank you for getting back.

All the best and hope you will enjoy the sexual life as usual.

If you don't have any further clarification, you can close the session and I request you to kindly review and rate my answer.

Best regards.