Doing heavy weight workout. Not on any supplements. Should I be concerned?

I am going to GYM from last 1+ year and i do heavy weight workout for all type muscles including cardio.

I am afraid if i suffer from any problems down the line due to heavy weight workout. Also i dont take any supplements since i want to build muscles naturally.

Please let me know on any negative effects.
Posted Fri, 1 Feb 2013 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 21 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

There is no reason to worry. Till the age of 30 you can do isometric and isotonic exercises along with cardio. After the age of 30 avoid isometric exercises.
-Exercise at least 3 times a week.
-Do not overexert yourself and do not exercise if you have any muscle tear and injury.
-Always warm up properly before exercise and perform cool down freehand exercise before you complete the regimen.
-Regular yoga and pranayam helps too.
-Take adequate hydration,avoid alcohol and caffeine.
-Maintain a proper diet and eat good amount of proteins. If in doubt consult a gym trainer and a nutritionist.

As long as you are comfortable you can do heavy exercise.

Keep healthy.

If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Have a nice day.
Follow-up: Doing heavy weight workout. Not on any supplements. Should I be concerned? 19 minutes later
Hi Samik,

Thanks for quick response!!

Also i wanted to know, Do you prefer to recommend any medication/supplements for muscle growth. Because i am afraid to take any supplements available in market thinking of their side effects.

Thanks in advance!!
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 18 minutes later
Hi ,
Thank you for the compliment.
Do avoid dietary supplements in the market.
Take homemade nutritious food XXXXXXX in carbohydrates,fat and proteins.
Take lots of fresh fruits too.
No medication or supplement will help you out.
Thank you for your query.
Have a nice day.