Doing gyming, asked to consume whey protein and soy protein. Concerned about lowering testosterone and sex appetite?

I have been doing gyming for last 3-4 years, with no considerable improvement, my coach is asking me to pursue whey protein. Am a regular guy weight 72 KG height 5'11 and just turned 30. I have also heard about soy protein . but am little confused as I heard soy protein lowers testrones and sex appetite Kindly suggest
Posted Wed, 16 Oct 2013 in Exercise
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Soy is not related to testosterone levels

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to Health Care Magic

Soy foods are commonly used by body builders as they are derived from Soyabean a XXXXXXX source of proteins.
However though it is commonly told that soy protein lowers testosterone levels as you are heard. Extensive research has been made in this field and the conclusion is Soy is not related to lowering of testosterone levels. Hence you can safely take soy supplement in moderate levels upto 20-25 grams per day. However the side effects of higher levels of Soy is not clear yet.
Soy is known to increase estrogen levels in females. Using Soy is advantageous as it decreases cholesterol levels thus protecting against heart disease.

Hope I have answered your query.
Thank you
Follow-up: Doing gyming, asked to consume whey protein and soy protein. Concerned about lowering testosterone and sex appetite? 18 hours later
thanks , and how about whey protein in comparison ? why thinking of protien is two;
1) post workout fatigue, tiredness, zero stamina despite me doing weight training for good 3-4 years now.
2) Fact that my mom herself talking GRD supplement since decades , which includes whey,and multi vitamins.

Moreover, just like any other guys I would like to have that fat free lean body, which is sustainable and is not short term.

My Coach has suggested me whey over soy with pre-workout shake called Assault from Muscletech Pharma, with post workout protein called combat from muscletech pharma only, what would you suggest?
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You can use whey proteins.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the follow up query.

Whey protein is derived from milk and it is supposed to be superior to Soy proteins. It contains all the essential aminoacids and it is good for your post work out fatigue as whey proteins help in rebuilding the muscle and thus overcomes the tiredness following exercise.

I think for your requirements which you have mentioned whey proteins suggested by your coach will do the job.

Hope I have answered your query.

Thnak you