Doing gym regularly. Taking Nairobi injection instead of steroids. Have gained weight and no health issues. Suggest?

13 year back I was doing gym, continually 2.5 years twice a day morning and evening.

My batch friends suggested to me to take, Like Nairobi and other injection, not a steroid.

On that time my weight was around 87 kg, now it is 118 kg, am very much active now, I not have BP, sugar, Thai rod.

I am feeling because of those injection weight is increasing, Could you please suggest me the opposite type of above medicine.
Posted Mon, 5 Aug 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 47 minutes later

Thanks for asking.

There are many food /dietary supplements used in the Gym for improving the muscle mass, not many of them are actually approved , but still because of lack of knowledge these are consumed.

Some supplements are pure calorie and protein mixture ,the idea is to provide enough energy to the developing muscle ,although it is not proved any trials that they actually help to build muscle mass.

Steroids are also used but as they have so much side effects there use is not at all recommended.

i think the firs step is to immediately stop these injections and then you should look to maintain a healthy balance diet with proper exercise to reduce the weight.

There is no medicines to nullify the effects of these injections.

Please let me know if you need further information.

Follow-up: Doing gym regularly. Taking Nairobi injection instead of steroids. Have gained weight and no health issues. Suggest? 29 minutes later
thanks for revert doctor, i was took 13 years back and has stopped 13 year back itself.

Please advice am married i have one kid, health wise no issue for me, need to reduce weight.

kindly suggest.
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 19 minutes later
First of all you need to forget about the those injections, after 13 years they are not having any effect on your body.

To loose weight, you need to reduce the calorie consumption along with undertaking regular physical activity.

if desired , you can take the help of your local dietitian.