Doing exercises on a daily basis. Is it fine to walk an hour and half everyday?

Jul 2013

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
hi. is it ok if I walk an hour and half everyday or would that be too much? that's pretty much all the exercise that I do on a daily basis.
Posted Wed, 13 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It's more than sufficient.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

I personally feel that your level of physical activity is more than just sufficient for any form of cause or reason.

The AHA (American heart association) guidelines for physical activity in Adults recommends -
atleast 30 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic activity (like brisk walk) at least 5 days per week or
at least 25 minutes of vigorous aerobic activity (like jogging) at least 3 days per week AND
Moderate to high intensity muscle-strengthening activity at least 2 or more days per week for additional health benefits.

Hope I have addressed your query. Happy to help further