Doing exercise. Is it safe to take creatine monohydrate?

I am working out in gym and I'm presently taking creatine monohydrate. Does it create any health problems or is it ok.
Posted Tue, 28 May 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 4 hours later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
The Creatine monohydrate is the latest fad among the fitness world.
The supplement is a naturally occurring substance and a close aid to muscle energy supply chain.
I the body it gets converted in phosphate avtar, which makes the power supply packets for muscles called Adenosine triphosphate.
Although there are no prolonged RCTs on the safety and ideal dosing.
The product is a natural one so safety concerns are minimal. Not too much should be taken. Ideal dose is 3-5gm/day for two months and then a holiday of one month should be observed. This is the most common method accepted as a regimen of creatine.
It should be accompanied by a high protein balanced diet and good physical work out for best results.
I hope the advise will be helpful for you.