Dog's paw had skin infection, brushed elbow. Should I take anti-rabies vaccination?

my friend's dog paw brushed around my elbow as he stood upright when i was standing and talking to skin was not open and definaitly there was no bleeding.but that feeling of touching and weight was there for a day. the dog who died on 8sep 2012. i asked my friend who said the dog was vaccinated and he died of internal bleeding. thoguh his paw had some skin infection. do i need to take anti rabies vaccination.
Posted Sat, 29 Sep 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 1 hour later
welcome to Health Care Magic Forum, I understand your anxiety but your detail description shows clearly that you are not at risk for infection. Just take care of the wound (if any) by keeping it clean and healthy like washing with soap water alone may reduce the chances of any infection. If there is swelling, it might be due to alternate causes. If u really really worried, there is nothing wrong in taking prophylaxis with rabies vaccine, vaccine to be taken within 10 days of bite. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be happy to help. Take care