Dog fell down on face. Developed swelling, abrasion and headache. Applied neosporin. Any advice?

My dog tripped up my daughter in his leach and she fell on the side of her face. I attached a picture.

It is swollen and the skin is broken in one place. I put Neosporum on it . She says she has a headache and I am worried that the cheekbone might be chipped or broken.

Please advise
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Hello dear,
I saw her photograph, she has developed a bad abrasion.
Swelling and headache can be due to abrasion also, but as you mentioned chances of fracture cannot be ruled out.

I advice you to get an X- XXXXXXX of her face done.

Also please dont apply neosporine. It is a bit irritant, instead of that apply oint mupirocine. It is a very good and newer antibacterial.

Thank you