Dog bite. Both vaccinated. Why is there excessive saliva? Why is my tongue swollen?

7 months back my dog was 1 month old and he snached me on my tommy(stomach), then he was not vacinated, after that i got Vacinated and Anti rabies (Rabipro), it was five shots ( 0 , 3 , 7 , 14 , 28)days, and 1 tetnus injection,.
After 2 month of his birth then he got all vacination including rabies,
now 3 days back My dog has has licked on one my wound which i had a cut from somewhr, then i went to the same place where i got vacinated then they recomonded me 1 injection shot of rabies, then i did it. but since morning iam facing a problom of lot of salaiva comming in my mouth that is in excess, but last night my toung got rubbed with my teeth badly, now i'm confused why is it excess of salavia is it because now toung cuting or my dog licked on my wund, and my toung is still swalen (seems to be),
kindly tell me what should i do
Posted Wed, 6 Jun 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 19 minutes later
I understand your concern and will try to help you.
There are three reasons by which I can say that you are not suffering from rabies.
1st your dog has been vaccinated with rabies vaccine
2nd you also have been vaccinated with rabies vaccine
3rd the earliest symptoms of rabies mimic flu symptoms
 These signs and symptoms include headache, fever, sore throat or feeling exhausted or tired a lot. As the rabies virus starts to head to the brain the affected person will act confused, nervous, disoriented or upset.
Your symptoms of excess saliva from mouth and swelling of tongue is due to the tongue bite and nothing else.Wait for couple of days,you shall be alright.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Thanks and best of luck.
Follow-up: Dog bite. Both vaccinated. Why is there excessive saliva? Why is my tongue swollen? 6 minutes later
Hello Doctor, my toungue bite is fine now but salavia is still comming in excess, iam very worried kindly let me know any blood test and medicen to stop this excess salavia because due to this iam not able to speak properly aslwell
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 minutes later
Just wait and watch.You may suck some ice cubes.
There is no need for any medicine.
You shall be alright soon.
Follow-up: Dog bite. Both vaccinated. Why is there excessive saliva? Why is my tongue swollen? 10 minutes later
ok, Doctor,

2-3 Days back i got my BMD test and Vitamin D,25 Hydroxy (Clia) Test done,
My BMD test also showed that bone dencity is decresed and
Vitamin D25, TEST result was >>> 16.90 which is very low, then my ortho recomonded me fews things, kindly let me know that has suggested me rite thing,
1) Calcirol D3 XXXXXXX ones in week for 3 week and after that ones in month for 3 month
2) Injection Arehutal 6 lack units (One time)

I havent started this thing yet because i wanted to confirm with you first
kindly let me know and my bmd test are attaced with my attachments
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 18 minutes later
Your BMD report is not there but still I can say that your VIT D levels are low and the treatment recommended to you by your orthopedic is absolutely correct.
Start the treatment and don't worry.