Does zeaxanthin and lutein cause face flushing?
User rating for this question
I am experiencing face flushing, I have had it for weeks, wondering if an eye supplement might be causing this. I take Simply Right lutein and zeaxanthin. Wondering specially about the zeaxanthin? Any ideas? Nothing else is new for me.
Posted Fri, 3 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following suggestions... Detailed Answer: Hi, The face flushing you are experiencing could be a side effect of taking this supplement. Although it is reported safe to use, there are many other ingredients inside this supplement which go undetected, and could be a cause of such flushing. Another cause for face flushing is erysipela, infection of the skin in the face. If this is your case, then, should consult a dermatologist to rule it out and/or start proper treatment (antiboitic is the drug of choice). As you are reporting to be 61 years old, I'd wanted to ask if you are still having your periods? If not, when did they stopped and if there are other problems you are facing recently? All the best! Dr.Bardha Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!
People also viewed
- Tramadol 37.5mg 325mg vs hydrocodone
- Hydrocodone 5 acetaminophen 325mg tab
- Face flushing causes and kidney infection
- Does zeaxanthin and lutein cause face flushing
- Hot red flushed face causes
- Disadvantages for ankle arthroscopy
- Left armpit and right ankle itches
- Venlafaxine hcl er 37.5 m
- Ayurvedic remedy for ankle cyst
- Ayurvedic medicine for ankle cyst
- Toddler face flushing causes
- Swollen purple ankle ant bite
- Causes for flushing face pregnancy
- Roxicet 5 325 side effects
- Dosage for hydrocodone 5 325