Does yeast infection and excessive sexual intercourse lead to bumps in vaginal skin?

Dermatologist
Question
I have sex more than 4 hours a day, I have a yeast infection I went to the ER because I'm concerned with the skin around insertion to vagina it has what I can only describe as tickler looking pieces on my skin when I pull my vagina open very wide, could this be a combination of alot of intercourse & the infection. Like "rubbed raw from friction"
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 28 minutes later
hello Bernadette.
thanks for your query.
You are right. IT does sound that you have a combination of frictional dermatitis and some yeast infection. I hope that you use barrier protection while having intercourse. It may be due to allergy from the condom/diaphragm too (what is know as latex allergy). Please see a dermatologist for an accurate diagnosis. There are medications available that will help reduce the discomfort you have.
I hope I have answered your query. Please fell free if you have any further questions.

Follow-up: Does yeast infection and excessive sexual intercourse lead to bumps in vaginal skin? 8 hours later
Could this be a sexually transmitted disease? I've looked online & it doesn't look like anything I can find. It it completely around the hole, like a circle of of raised bumps, on one side they are protruding more, they are not open sores or calused like herpes or genital warts it is very pink like my vagina. Should I go to the obg?

Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 5 hours later
Yes, it could be a STD.
It can be Molluscum or even genital wart which can have varied presentations.
You may consider sending your lesions' pics to YYYY@YYYY . Subject: Attn Dr. Gaurang.

Do not forget to reply here after sending the pictures also as I can answer only over this forum.
I will be able to suggest you better after seeing the pictures.