Does working in an AC room cause drowsiness, sore throat and irritation in eyes ?

I am 29 years old and recently married. For the past few weeks I am feeling drowsiness and I work in airconditioned room(IT) and I feel irritation in my eyes too. Also I am having sore throat more than two weeks. I do not get cold, but the sore throat continues. I have acidity problem also. Some times I feel like metallic taste in my mouth. Can you please tell me what could be the problem. Is this something serious that should I consult a doctor immediately? What medication can I take for this? Does frequent sexual relationship with my partner will create any such problems?
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Environmental and Occupational Hazards
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 12 hours later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,
The symptoms that you have are sore throat and metallic taste.Well these symptoms usually are present in case of infection in the throat,commonly streptococcol infection.The metallic taste can also be due to the acid reflux due to the acidity.2 weeks is a long time for the sore throat to stay so i would indeed suggest that you see the doctor(preferably an ENT doctor) for a oral examination .Im pretty sure that you will need at least a course of antbiotics for a while to combat the infection.
You will need prescription drugs so it would be better that you see a doctor for that.
You also mentioned that you have irritation in the eyes.Ideally this shouldnt be connected to the sore throat.Its possible that that environmental conditions are causing an allergic reaction.
Also to answer your last question,let me assure you that there is connection between your symptoms and your sexual activities.
You will need to also undergo a swab test and throat culture to specify the type of infection like EBV,strep etc.
I hope your queries were answered.
Any follow up queries are welcome.

Disclaimer: The Expert’s advice is provided for general informational purposes only and SHOULD NOT be relied upon as a substitute for sound professional medical advice, as a complete assessment of an individual has not taken place. Please consult your nearest physician before acting on it. The advice is not valid for medico-legal purposes also.