Does waking up with severe mouth bleeding need immediate medical attention ?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Twice in a couple of days now I've woken up to a mouth full of blood, blood all over me. Bright red. It seems to stop in about an hour, but I'm still tasting it all day. I'm 61, family history does include cerebral hemorrage and aneyurism, sp? Docs not open now, is this an ermergency room thing?
Posted Sun, 19 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes need to visit ER Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to healthcare magic. Bleeding spontaneously is definitely a urgent medical problem, which needs immediate medical attention . You need to visit ER asap. It could be because of hypertension, liver issues or coagulation problems ,low platelets, etc. Wishing you speedy recovery Dr Arun