Does vivyanse cause anxiety?

Dec 2014

Does vivyanse cause anxiety? If I get off of it, will I experience weight gain?
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 3 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

Vivyanse is a amphetamine drug. It is a stimulant drug. It has high addiction potential and it is mainly used in Attention Deficit Disorders. It causes insomnia, light headedness, tremors etc symptoms as side effects which may mimic anxiety. If you will get off it you are at risk of gaining some weight but just dietary modifications can control the weight gain.

You have been suffering from depression and is currently of Lamictal, Aplenzine, and Vyvnase. You also suffered one episode of seizure about 2 year back. For poor concentration your were advised Vyvnase. But as per my opinion poor concentration in your case is due to depressive symptoms and not due to attention deficit. Vyvnase can improve poor concentration symptomatically but unless depression is controlled poor concentration will remain there.
I will advise you to please visit your Psychiatrist and take opinion regarding antidepressant drugs. Control of depressive symptoms alone will improve your concentration. With vyvnase you are at risk of anxiety as well as addiction potential.

Thanks, If you have more questions you can ask again in follow up.

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi, MD
(Consultant Psychiatrist)