Does uterine implant cause vaginal thrush? Blood test normal. Frequent urination, sore breast

how does the implain cause thrush and i did a blood test and it came but neg but i am getting like really sore boobs and going to the toilet a lot but i'm not pregant but can the blood test be wrong in any way
Posted Thu, 7 Jun 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 18 hours later

I am a general physician and I take this opportunity to answer on behalf of Dr. Mimi XXXXXXX

1. I presume what you meant is intrauterine implant causing vaginal thrush. Any foreign objects including intrauterine implants can potentially cause Candida infection / vaginal thrush. The risks of developing vaginal thrush is higher if the implant is nearing expiry, unprotected sexual intercourse, used antibiotics / steroids, exposed to recent infection or if there is an associated medical condition such as diabetes or other immunocompromised status; besides vaginal thrush can also occur sporadically due to other external/internal factors.

2. Serum hCG test is done to detect pregnancy. The result of the test is often true especially when it is done after 2-3 weeks of conception. If you have missed your period, you may repeat to confirm the results of your previous test to rule out pregnancy.

3. Sore breast and increased urination may be related to hormonal disturbances especially with progesterone containing implants. Infection also needs to be ruled out here. If the symptoms are troubling and pregnancy is ruled out on blood test, I would urge you to consult your local gynecologist for detailed examination - you may need few tests such as urine examination and besides treatment of vaginal thrush can also be done by your gynecologist.

I hope you have found what you were looking for. Let me know if you need more information.

Wish you good health.