Does usage of metrogel void the impact of SPF 15 on face?

My dermatologist has prescriped me Metrogel .75% for mild rosacea. I XXXXXXX in a tanning bed twice a week, usually using an SPF 15 on my face. Will I still be able to XXXXXXX while using Metrogel? My face accepts sun faster than my body so I always use an SPF on it but didn't know if the metrogel would void the spf I put on top of it. Thanks!
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 3 hours later
Metrogel does not interfere with the efficacy of any sunblock cream/lotion.
You can safely use it while tanning. Just make sure that you have applied Metrogel below the sunscreen i.e apply metrogel first and then apply sunscreen, otherwise the effect of metrogel will be masked.
One more thing apart from your query. You may use an SPF 26 instead of SPF 15.
Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.