Does two positive pregnancy tests confirm pregnancy for sure?

Me and my gf had several unprotected sex and since that she missed her period for several month and she had a slight blood unlike her regular cycle, she mentioned that in the second or the third or probably and roughly in the being of the 4rth month she vomited twice in a single day... after this we had unprotected sex and I did put my sperm inside of her but gave her Norlevo ER pill after 12 hours ... after one month and a half I did cum again and gave her another pill within 6 hours or so, she took two pregnancy test each month after sex she got both positive results what are the chance that she might be pregnant... can you tell for sure that she is pregnant? and how can we prevent pregnancy if possible?
Posted Thu, 27 Mar 2014 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Cori Baill 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Two positive pregnancy tests mean pregnant. Detailed Answer: If I understand your history correctly and you have had two positive pregnancy test then you and your partner are pregnant. Unprotected sex into positive pregnancy tests are not to be disputed. Taking the morning after pills which are meant to be taken within three days of unprotected sex will not cause a pregnancy to abort. The amount of progesterone in those pills is only a fraction of what the pregnancy is pumping out. It will likely not harm the baby either. I would suggest that an ultrasound be performed as soon as possible so that you will know how far along the pregnancy has grown. Then you and your partner can make some decisions regarding whether or not you plan to continue the pregnancy. There are long-acting reversible contraceptives that do not require or your partner to do something every time you wish to be intimate. Your partner may wish to discuss with a doctor an IUD or implant after this pregnancy is concluded. I hope you and your partner can reach a good decision together about what is best for your families.