Does tingling in the hands relate to the carpel tunnel worsening ?

The tops of both my hands have a tingling/pins and needles feel to them. It began today and is not constant. It happens either at random or when I wash my hands. Could this be a symptom of mrsa? I have been diagnosed with mrsa. Or is this carpel tunnel in both my wrist getting worse? The feeling happens simultan
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 1 hour later

The symptoms mentioned do not indicate the probability of MRSA, but it could be associated with carpal tunnel syndrome.

In case, you have already diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome of both the hands, such symptoms do appear to be due to it.

In case, you are just suspecting it could be CTS, and have not been diagosed formally, I would like to outline the signs and symptoms of CTS below.

1. Numbness or tingling in the thumb and next two or three fingers of one or both hands
2. Numbness or tingling of the palm of the hand
3. Pain extending to the elbow
4. Pain in wrist or hand in one or both hands
5. Problems with fine finger movements (coordination) in one or both hands
6. Wasting away of the muscle under the thumb (in advanced or long-term cases)
7. Weak grip or difficulty carrying bags (a common complaint)
8. Weakness in one or both hands.

If you think that you have most or all these symptoms, then it could probably be due to carpal tunnel syndrome.

I hope this helps to answer your questions.

In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.