Does thyroxine cause reduced semen volume and trajectory? Does it reduce sperm count?

i am taking 50 micro grammes of thyroxine a day as prescribed. after six months of taking thyroxine i noticed my semen volume and trajectory was reduced on climax. does thyroxine cause this and does it reduce sperm count?
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 40 minutes later

Thyroxine is not known to have any effect on the semen volume or sperm count.
There can be many other causes for that.Only a semen analysis can tell if there is less volume or low sperm count.You can always get a sample tested.

Thyroxine has side effects like appetite changes,anxiety,sweating, fatigue, headache, hyperactivity, insomnia etc.I suggest that you continue your medicine as directed by your doctor and after few months if you still feel there is low volume,then get a sample tested.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.