Does this stretching thing works at the age of 45+?

Does this stretching thing (for phimosis) works at the age of 45+ as well ?
Posted Sun, 18 Nov 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later

Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.Tight foreskin to the extent of seeing the external urethral opening( meatus) is usually stretchable and retractable with soap and water/ lubricants. Also, there can be little discomfort but not pain while doing that.

Having said that, it also depends on how supple the foreskin is. If there was previous repeated infection with resultant thickened foreskin , it may not be possible.
At that age, the foreskin might be thick and hence stretching may be little painful. If technically possible, attempt to stretch for a few months is worthwhile.

A physical examination is a must to decide the best management by a skilled surgeon/ urologist.

Wishing you good health

Follow-up: Does this stretching thing works at the age of 45+? 2 hours later
Any lubricant you would like to suggest ?
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 42 minutes later

Welcome back.

Lignocaine jelly, KY jelly, any vegetable oil for eg. coconut oil.

Follow-up: Does this stretching thing works at the age of 45+? 45 minutes later
Thanks a lot for your all your help. Just one more question ; any thoughts on use of steroids (Betamethasone valerate ? ) and by which brand name such ointment is sold locally ?

Allow me to say that it was good being in touch with you. Excellent experience.
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 9 hours later

Welcome back. Your comment makes me fulfilled.

It is sold as such and any pharmacist would know. BUT, I DO NOT PERSONALLY ADVICE STEROID CREAMS ( due to adverse effects if used in the long run), though it is recommended in the literature.

Wishing you good health---