Does the widal test report indicate any abnormality?

Apr 2014

hi doctor today idone a widal test values are s o antibodys 1:80 h antibodys 1:40 ah antibodys1:20 bh antibodys1:20 is it harmful values hi doctor is it typhoid fever please give me good suggestion to me and what is the treatment
Posted Mon, 23 Dec 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: You are not suffering from typhoid fever. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX It is nice to inform you that you are not suffering from typhoid fever. Widal test is negative in your case. Antibodies O or H should have values 1:160 or greater for positive widal test in single reading.Otherwise four fold increase in titration is considered as significant. Single reading values in your case is well below the recommended level. Present illness may be due to viral illness.Generally it is self limited and resolve in 3-4 days.Antibiotics can be given for superadded infection.You don't worry at all.You will be alright. For treatment of typhoid fever,drug of choice is injection ceftriaxone 1 gm I.V twice daily for seven days.Oral tablets like cefixime 200 mg twice daily for seven days is also practiced. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX