Does the thyroid report show any abnormality?

Radiologist, Nuclear Medicine
hiThe overaLl slze of the t,hyroid gland is within normal Limits. Parenchymal echogenicity is diffusely heterogeneous with multiple areas of decreased echogenicity. ?hls makes posit.ive recognj.tlon of nodules difficult. On the left there appears to be I x Smm hlpoechoic noduLe posteriorly at the mid thyroid Ievel. On the right a slightJ.y larger 12 x 5mm nodule is noted posteriorly as weII. Vascularlty of the thyroid was satisfactory and there was no retrosternal extensi.on. anti thyroid peroxidase blood test: 1300 KIU/L TSH : 5.12 MIU/L
Posted Wed, 27 Nov 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Manoranjan Chowhan 5 hours later
Brief Answer: possibility of Thyroiditis Detailed Answer: As I come to know about your Ultrasound problem and the related lab result my view is that: You seem to be suffering from Multinodular goiter though one of the nodules is hypoechoic (that is on the left) and the other nodule is difficult as mentioned. Now as the Anti TPO antibody level is seen to be elevated though the TSH apparently looks to be in normal level. This implies that there is possibility of Thyroiditis (possibly) So the best course of action will be either to keep these nodules under observation (by doing serial ultrasound) to see if there is any change in size of the nodules or to undergo FNAC (called fine needle aspiration cytology). FNAC is best option to further know the character of these nodules and rule out possibility of any malignancy for your benefit. Hope this answers your concern. With thanks and best wishes from Dr Chowhan
Follow-up: Does the thyroid report show any abnormality? 5 hours later
So the nodule are not tumor? Its just a goitre nodule due to Thyroiditis? I was diagnosed with hashimoto thyroiditis last year and the nodule are bigger and my tpo was still 1300 same as a year ago? So I shouldn't be worried its tumor? I have been having chronic cough with problem swollening as well as feeling choke? I have to wait a month to see specialist due to living in rehiomal area hard to get specialist according to u the Nodule are just due to Thyroiditi goitre although its getting bigger witin a year and feelin choke and chronjc cough?
Answered by Dr. Manoranjan Chowhan 18 hours later
Brief Answer: You undergo ultrasound guided FNAC Detailed Answer: As a follow up to your question: It was apparent that you suffered from Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis from your earlier history. Thyroid nodules in Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis is not uncommon and most are of benign nature, still to remove doubt of tumor (specially malignant tumor)you need to undergo ultrasound guided FNAC test which can clear this doubt. As you also mentioned that, the nodules are bigger in size since earlier check up. There is no hurry as of now, you may consult your treating Doctor a month later and you may undergo this test (FNAC of Thyroid nodules, it will remove the doubt that has been raised). After the test result is available, please communicate the same for further follow-up. With best wishes from Dr Chowhan