Ask a Urologist   »  

Does the sore penis take more than 4 weeks to heal after the accident ?

still sore 4 weeks after my accident ,peeing stream good dosnt sting now, base of penis still sore just after reasurance really will this take a bit of time to settle back to normall ? it' goes from itchy to sore so i guess healing .
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for the query.

Your question is a good one and I will try to provide you with some information and recommendations regarding what is going on.

The healing process from such an injury can take many weeks to complete. Sometimes symptoms may change from itching to some mild soreness as you have outlined. I would suggest that it will take at least a few more weeks before you regain normal feeling and normal function.

Again let me reassure you that the symptoms you are feeling are part of the healing process. I recommend you continue to live your normal life at this time. If the soreness is bothersome you could try taking some ibuprofen on as needed basis. Otherwise your body will do the rest in the process of healing.

Thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you have found my answer to be both helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns regarding your question I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Galamaga