Does the constant headache due to hard hit on a concrete beam go away slowly ?

Hit my head on a concrete beam 6 days ago. Wake up in pain (seems to move around my head); with bloodshot eyes. No bumps. Hit the left side of my head. Constant headache. Will this slowly go away?
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Ashwin Bhandari 25 hours later

I am Dr Ashwin from XXXXXXX

We have forwarded your query to the Neurologist and expect his suggestions for your query soon. We request you to wait till then.

Thanks for the patience.
Follow-up: Does the constant headache due to hard hit on a concrete beam go away slowly ? 8 hours later
Answered by Dr. Ashwin Bhandari 8 minutes later
Hi again,

Please find the answer from Dr. AS XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Consultant Neurology.

You may view his profile here:

You reported about constant headache of 6 days duration in a 62 year old following a minor head injury.

The constant and persisting headache after trauma is concerning to me. Neurologically such constant headaches following fall can be associated with contussions / intracranial bleed. Perhaps a CT scan will be able to differentiate among this.

Hence I suggest that it is better to get a CT scan of the head. If it is normal, nothing to fear. Headache then can be relieved with analgesics.

Hope my answer is both informative and adequate. Should you have more questions, I will be available for follow ups.