Does the color doppler report indicate any abnormality during pregnancy?

My wife is pregnant LMP 25.05.2013. On 24 Dec she had some bleeding. Our doctor suggested color doppler. In that report it is written as "There is ill Defined 4.5 cm sized, echopoor intraplacental collection seen near the fundic part, on colour mode there is locally increased vascularity in the retroplacental area. The possibility of focal placenta accreta may have ti be considered Please advice /suggest. As reading on internet about the same we are scared
Posted Tue, 14 Jan 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 1 hour later
Brief Answer: monitor size monthly, delivery in equipped hospita Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Welcome to health care magic. The local placental abnormality detected on ultrasound of uterus is mostly a stable anomaly which will not threaten the pregnancy. It will hopefully not threaten the status of pregnancy but may cause excessive bleeding during delivery and there may be problem in removing the adherent part of the outgrowth so it is highly advisable to you that please get delivery done in an equipped hospital which can assure intervention of tertiary level and have facility of blood transfusion and blood component transfusion as well and should have backup of intensive care unit. I hope the advice will be helpful for you.
Follow-up: Does the color doppler report indicate any abnormality during pregnancy? 3 hours later
Ok, Actually this report was taken as per the advice from the doctor whom we visited once just a day of bleeding. She said she has not done such surgery before, color doppler was done. When i visited our doctor (where we used to visit for this pregnancy). He said would like to do the 4d scan at one of the reputed clinic which will clearly indicate whether it is placenta accreta or bleeding due to some rupture due to baby's moment. As in report clot is seen of 4 cm. Our 02 Earlier report of sonography does not show such abnormility. I am still concern as one doctor has explained me the condition and our doctor has suggested another scan and not to worry He said analysing will be done after 4d What is the exact situation ?
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 16 hours later
Brief Answer: it's a good idea to investigate Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Welcome back. The abnormalities of placenta must be followed like that only. Micro fine details by imaging will help deciding it's nature accreta or hematoma and it will help track it's size a time passes. It will help future plans. I hope the advise will be supportive in sorting the dilemma.