Does the brain venogram detect brain tumor? Difference between MRI and venogram?

Neurologist, Surgical
Question
does the brain venogram also detects brain tumor. waht is the difference between MRI and venogram
Posted Sat, 9 Feb 2013 in Stroke

Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 2 hours later
Dear friend,
MR venogram doesnt detect tumor but shows invasion of venous sinuses in brain and their invasion by brain tumours or any blockage of brain venous sinuses.
MRI brain is for soft tissues of brain but venogram is for venous system of brain only.
Hope this helps.

Follow-up: Does the brain venogram detect brain tumor? Difference between MRI and venogram? 45 minutes later
Thanks for reply.

When the brain venogram is normal and there is nothing detected do we still required to go for MRI to find out the possibility of brain tumor ?

Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 49 minutes later
Dear friend, even if venogram is normal if brain tumor needs to be ruled out MRI is must

Follow-up: Does the brain venogram detect brain tumor? Difference between MRI and venogram? 12 hours later

I have once again checked the MRI report and from report it seems to be MRI is done along with Venogram. I have attached the MRI report kindly go throut it.

I have below questions

1. Is the attached report contains MRI report along with the Venogram or it's only a venogram report.
2. for the continuos headheck do we need to go for another report apart from the attached one. Or all the serious checking is done in this report.
In addition to my last comment I have one more question

3. From the result of attachd report can we say that there are no symptoms of Brain Tumore and there is no need to go for any other report
Kindly check the report and advise.

Thanks

Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 8 hours later
The attached reports contain both venogram and MRI. Both seem to be normal.

There is no need to get further tests, but I would also suggest getting your fundus of eye checked by ophthalmologist to rule out benign intracranial hypertension headaches.

Follow-up: Does the brain venogram detect brain tumor? Difference between MRI and venogram? 15 hours later
Ok. thanks ...

does the frequent bleeding can cause headheck. She has a monthly period 4th time in last 40 days . Treatment is already going on but can this cause continuous head heck

Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 9 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
It is unlikely to cause headache but migrainous headache is precipitated in periods and severe in intensity.
Please get an evaluation to rule out migraine in her case
Hope that helps