Does the Next Choice pill with levonorgestrel do anything to prevent implantation or affect the uterine wall?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Question
Hello Doctor -

I was the person who asked about the Next Choice One Dose after condom slippage. Thank you for you answer - it helps a lot. I meant to ask a follow up however, but I closed the question. Does the Next Choice pill with levonorgestrel do anything to prevent implantation or affect the uterine wall?

Thanks
Posted Sat, 13 Jul 2013 in Birth Control

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 5 hours later
Hi again,
Thanks for writing back.
Its nice hearing from you again, and thanks for the appreciation.
Levonorgestrel emergency contraceptive pills do NOT affect implantation or affect the uterine wall.
Please go through the following link , it would answer a great deal of your questions related to emergency contraception, and in language that is not too technical.
http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs244/en/
If you still have queries please come back.

All the best.
Feel free to discuss further.