Does the MRI show septate uterus?

I'm wanting to find out if the MRI photos I posted show a septate uterus?
Posted Sun, 5 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: I would love to help Detailed Answer: Thank you for the question. I would love to help you to sort this out. I am having trouble seeing the images, so I am going to have you send them to my email: YYYY@YYYY Please respond to this question once they are sent, and THEN I will be able to respond back within the XXXXXXX site with my answer. Thank you. Dr Raichle
Follow-up: Does the MRI show septate uterus? 32 minutes later
Did you receive the photos. Just want to make sure they came through?
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 37 hours later
Brief Answer: Thank you for the images... Detailed Answer: I have scoured the images that you have sent, and based on a thorough review of them, I cannot tell whether there is anything wrong with your uterus. The images are very limited in terms of what I can tell, and it is likely that you will have to await the final reading from a radiologist who can move through ALL of the images in a way that they are able to reconstruct the views of the uterus. From what you have sent me, I can make no conclusions one way or the other. With regard to your question, though, I have these thoughts: 1. The chance that there is a significant uterine anomaly is extremely small in the setting of two prior term, healthy, uncomplicated pregnancies 2. The best way to sort out whether there is actually a problem is with a procedure where a camera is put into the belly (laparoscopy) and in the uterus (hysteroscopy). 3. Even if there was a small septation in the uterus, in the setting of your prior healthy pregnancies, surgery would be very controversial 4. Having had only one miscarriage, while incredibly unfortunate, is actually not uncommon. Given the two prior terms, healthy deliveries, your chance of a second or third miscarriage is actually quite low. 5. As I stated in a prior correspondence, one simple way to sort this out is with a procedure called a sonohysterogram OR a hysterosalpingogram. I think that either procedure would give you more accurate information than the MRI. I hope that this helps and I appreciate your efforts to provide me with accurate images. If you have any followup questions, please post them here and I will answer in a timely fashion! Dr. Raichle Thank you for your response. I did have an ultrasound and radiologist said he saw what he though was a division so he ordered the MRI for clarification. Unfortunately, they do not have the equipment on base to do it so I was sent into Tokyo for the scan. The problem now is that since it was done at a Japanese hospital I have to wait nail someone transcribes and translates the Japanese doctors report. I was just kind of wanting another opinion. I do have two healthy boys ages 4 and 6. No problems with either pregnancy so this all came Asa. Surprise when I lost this one at 12 weeks. I did have a surgery back in august to have my appendix removed. It's unclear if I was already pregnant at that time or not. Here on base they do not do an ultrasound until you are 12 weeks or more along. Needless, to say I never made it yo that appointment. I now have to the left of my belly button a lump that is about 6 inches long and 3 inches wide. Dr. Guesses that it's either a hernia or scar tissue from the previous surgery. Of course MRI would not detect because it was only ordered for the pelvis. If I do have a septate uterus I will opt for surgery as I would like to have just 1 more child. Thanks for your help. I have sent you the seven photos in seperate emails. Let me know what you think. Sent from my iPad
Follow-up: Does the MRI show septate uterus? 3 minutes later
Thank you for the follow-up. You have been of great assistance and I really appreciate it. Thanks again.
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 23 hours later
Brief Answer: You are very welcome Detailed Answer: It was a pleasure to help you. Please come back if you have any followup questions and consider asking for me, Dr. Raichle.