Does the AST and ALT readings indicate any abnormality while drinking alcohol frequently?

Gastroenterologist
Question
does an AST :102 U/L and ALT:116 U/L should be a concern i drink freq
Posted Tue, 14 Jan 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder

Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please follow the suggestions below.... Detailed Answer: Hi, Alcohol can cause high liver panel, liver damage, fatty liver, alcohol hepatitis and liver cirrhosis. So , if I were your treating doctor I would recommend you to stop alcohol. You need to be evaluated with other exams like: -abdominal ultrasound -blood work -PT level Wishing you fast recovery. Dr.Klerida

Follow-up: Does the AST and ALT readings indicate any abnormality while drinking alcohol frequently? 3 minutes later
i have uploaded my test results which i took today would you check it please

Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Please follow the suggestions below... Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thank you for attaching your lab results. I have read the results and did notice that your liver enzymes were really high together with gamma GT. These data indicate for possible compensated liver cirrhosis. However, I'd ask to do abdominal ultrasound and ct-scan to evaluate the state of your liver and other abdominal organs to determine the severity of damage caused by alcohol. Furthermore, your tests indicate slightly elevated blood sugar and high cholesterol together with low trombocites. Altogether they are also indicative for cirrhotic damage of liver by alcohol. Once you have the abdominal ultrasound, you can send to me for further assistance. You should discuss with your GI specialist to start therapy as soon as possible. All the best! Dr.Klerida